Egalitarianism-
I remember Professor- Brady explaining
the many forms of oppression and the cruel treatment displayed by
society. An example of disenfranchisement she explained, was how
people attend a country club and are unaccepting to outsiders. Real
life situations just as this continue to happen today. It is crazy to
think how individuals are continuously being oppressed and
marginalized for being who they are. There are four main institutions
such as government, family, religion, and education where inequality
takes place. This is significant so that individuals may open their
eyes to how they treat others. Whether it is because of their
differences such as race gender, social status, etc.
Poetry-
We learned the many techniques seen in
poetry. Such as alliteration, tone, mood, setting, and theme.
Although, what I liked most about this lecture was how poetry was to
be heard and not read. We compare poetry (even from hundreds of years
ago) to rap songs and it still relates! Human behavior consists of
numerous emotions that are overwhelming. I enjoyed how the whole
class got to participate in reading many poems.
Interpreter of Maladies-
I enjoyed this lecture because so many themes that I was unaware of were brought out. Also, because we were outside as a class it made free thinking a lot easier! When I first read this story, it was hard for me to break down. The theme that I appreciated the most was how expectation in our life can cause someone to have such huge fear in life. Also, how lack of communication can so drastically effect someone
Your portfolio is beautiful!
ReplyDelete